bonfire

This a blog dedicated to advertising. My love for it, for great ideas, and thoughts. Why Bonfire? Because I believe creating great ideas is like fueling a bonfire: the more ideas, work and passion you throw into it, the larger it will grow. This is a blog where ideas come to grow and ignite conversation.

Recently my firm and I had the opportunity of competing for the most acclaimed and nationally recognized RFP in recent memory. International media company Current TV (www.current.com) put out an RFP for creative and advertising services on social media site Twitter. Led by brand manager Jordan Kretchmer @jkretch , agencies of all sizes and backgrounds from across the country were given the opportunity to pitch the account in a five day spand. Ideas limited to the imagination, firms were required to use twitter to qualify their agency for the pitch.

Some agencies, sent fortune cookies, some sent twitter messages.Others created websites and social media think tanks.One of the more memorable responses was when an agency out of Seattle hired a man to stand outside of @jkretch's California office with a sign for a website. Our agency decided to hack into a news station. Because what better way to tell the world about Current TV than to get in front of the world? Though we did not make the final cut, I was extremely proud of my creative team and for the work we accomplished. We came up with the idea, staged it, filmed it and edited it all under 24 hours. Though I truly believe our response was more creative than most firms chosen, I concede to the fact that firms like TBWA/Chiat/Day do have amazing portfolios with a proven track record of brand success and global strategies.
It was a great experience and amazing opportunity. It was also a great exercise to compete on a national RFP against some of the biggest and largest firms in the country. I'm now rooting for my new found advertising friend Steve, owner/chief creative officer of Stick & Move advertising to beat out the national firms and make a statement that it's not the size of the agency but the size of the idea which matters most.
See my firm's RFP video response below, let me know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe